8.04.2011

On Birthdays & WarLock Weddings

My, what a busy few weeks I've had. In addition to a successful dress fitting (it zipped!), a cake tasting, a Basque barbecue, a friend's beautiful wedding, and time in Spokane and Seattle with people who are so very dear to me.... I also went back to Gonzaga and got my MRS!


I've been calling myself an October bride, and that's still true- but when the Jesuit priest who'd advised us (and tolerated our antics) through our college years wasn't available for the Autumn wedding, we knew we'd have to make a special arrangement. So, on July 23rd, Adam and I had a sweet and simple ceremony at St. Michael's chapel at Gonzaga. We said our I-Dos with our immediate families there to support us, made a nostalgic visit to the Honors house, and had a marvelous dinner at the restaurant where we worked together. It was, in every way, personal and significant and absolutely beautiful.


We're thinking of this ceremony as one part of a larger event, so although we're square with the Church & State, I don't think we'll feel married until we've exchanged rings in front of friends and family on October 29th. We're not even making it "facebook official" yet! But, regardless of how married I feel, I know I've got the sweetest husband in the world. Today is my birthday, and he's given me a gift that I'll always keep near my heart.


I am, truly, the luckiest girl.



PS: These, and many more pictures are posted on facebook... enjoy!


6 Have Spoken.:

Maggie Rose said...

What a sweet gift! Congratulations again, and happy birthday!

katy elliott said...

Very cute! Happy Birthday!

Mama Sarita said...

I love that you guys took it back to where it all started. Lovely! And that necklace is amazing. Very lucky girl!

Lisa said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Beautiful, beautiful husband and wife.
That second photo says it all -- may you have many, many years of domestic bliss.
And that locket is the most romantic thing I've ever witnessed....ever.
Cheers and best, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos of the very happy couple -- and that locket! *swoon* Perfect season to be married; the light is gorgeous and everything feels kissed by autumn. And LOL on getting your MRS - I've always loved that joke.